Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nagoya Motor Show 2007

On my last biz trip to Japan, I took additional one day off to drop by the Nagoya 2007 Motor Show. It was a rare chance and by luck that the show coincide with my travelling dates. This motor show is the smaller version of the Tokyo Motor show.

I was contemplating whether to attend the motor show since I have to settle my accomodation in Japan which is expensive. Well, the main reason I went to the show is because the new GTR was just launched recently and I could not miss this chance! So below are some of the pics of the Beast itself...



nice cross-section view of the car. Looks like camera trick eh?


The drivetrain. Check out the CF prop shaft! There are 2 shafts there - the CF is the main drive shaft while the other one drives the front wheels if necessary.


so damn close to the GTR but yet so far! Some lucky guys were able to get into the cockpit and I think its by special invitation.




Impreza ver10 WRX rally car. I am just going to show the front. For the rear, you can have a look at the Harrier. I was disappointed with the whole Ver10 design from the hatch back design to the rear lights. But then, Imprezas is not about beauty, it is whats underneath the hood and its performance. Anyhow, I am still eyeing on the Ver8 and 9.


Suzuki Hayabusa. Bad ass bike...


Audi really scored big time with their new LED light design. Like the simple yet aggresive front spoilers with the huge ducts. Perhaps they figured out its time to mount some challenge to BMW's infamous angel eyes.


I wonder why there is no S2000 is Msia. All I see nowadays are RX8s on the roads. Amazing roadster. Wish this could be my project car.


Supra replacement model. I think its called LH-S. Very futuristic and edgy design - not sure whether the real car will incorporate this or not. I foresee it will give the GTR a challenge.


One of the best wheel design I have seen. Very nice spokes and there are CF all over the wheel. Nice! It may help if the calipers and rotors are much larger.

0 comments: