Thursday, May 8, 2008

VXR 3600 LiPo

I jumped into the LiPo bandwagon after tired of maintaining NiMh packs. So after much research on LiPo, I got the VXR 3600mAh rated at 20C. Its a pretty good deal and thin (15mm) so it can fit into my T2R without any modification. Currently, I have modified the VXR pack to fit into the Mini. T2R is using the MaxAmps 5000 *grin*


The VXR pack has decent power maybe due to the 3600mAh which lacks more amp output. About the 20C rating - not too sure how true is that. Read a lot forums saying that the C rating is more of a marketing gimmick and there is no actual standardize method to test or rate it.


So far, the VXR pack held up pretty good and quite balance thus, I only balance it once in a while. It is really light about 170g. I have shown some mods to the pack to fit int the Mini and also added about 120g. The Mini has better balance and traction rolling was reduced. Well slightly reduced due to the fact that I am using 26mm (1/10) Sorex tires and also my driving is not smooth.


Here are some mods I did to the pack to fit into the Mini...

Added 120g of weights to the top and bottom of the pack. I was very lucky to get steel weights and there are thin ones from the tire shop. Usually weights are made of lead. After adding the weights and foam tape, I shrink wrap it.



The double-sided foam tape fills in the gap between the edges of the pack and the rounded battery slot of the Mini. Also, absorb some impact since the Mini undergoes heavy impact. :-) The modded pack fits like a glove! Hehe... happy with the end result!


<

0 comments: